Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Death From Above (Entry 2 of series on Death)

Life life life, so many blogs about life, how to live, how not to live, how to experience it. Well this blog is about death. Yes death. Let's take you on a trip through life to get you thinking about your death. I'm not gonna talk about where you go and what happens to you because I don't know. Today I want to talk about, what is a just cause for death. I mean you’re lucky if you die of old age. But let's be for real the way we live how many people really make it to old age and just die in their sleep. The majority of us will die from stuff like cancer or some unfortunate illness. The other majority is by accidents, and if you skin is the same color as mine most likely you’ll be filled with holes from some trigger happy so called frightened police officer while you pull out your I.d. that you were just asked to present. I’m just saying. The other day this young lady got shot by the police. Normally I’d be up in arms but this time when I heard the full story I was like “damn she's fucking up”. The first reports were this girl was stealing out of wal-mart ( as we so often do. Let's be real about it) and a plain clothes police officer tried to stop her car and shot the young ( black I might add) woman in the face. Now that sounds bad, really bad and the city was up in arms because I'm not the only one who hates the police and I'm totally justified in my hatred for them. We don't have gang problems we have police problems. ( it’s okay to quote that.) Now upon hearing the real story it got me thinking about the things we'll die for. The young lady didn't die but she's probably going to jail for a while. The real story was she as stealing (as we so often do... be real about it) she jumped in her car. A black police officer (which should be an oxymoron) in his stupid looking police officer uniform jumped out and tried to stop her. Upon him yelling stop she pushed the gas and hit him thus leading him to fire into the vehicle. There were accounts of the passenger yelling "hit his ass" but all that is irrelevant he say she say shit unless it was actually caught on camera. Now I don't really care what you think about the situation I don't like police as I've stated before and especially don't like black police. So 9 times out of 10 you can bet I will be on the opposite side of the police no matter what the situation is. You can tell me I'm wrong you can try and change my mind but I'm telling you I won't change my view point unless they change everything that a police officer is allow to do to us. Which get me back to the point at hand, what is worthy of death? Cheating on your spouse? Running a red light? Wanting to get as high as possible? I think it’s an important question and it should be considered throughout your life. There's a gun in my face the only request is for my sneakers. Are these special edition air Nike transformer Jordan dunks worth me getting shot in the face? I know my answer. And you should know yours. If this question was presented more to you I think a lot of things just wouldn't happen. Actions and consequences. Most of the time the consequence is not death but what if it is? What would you die for? That girl was about to die for stealing? In any religion I don't think that's a way to get to heaven. We should all consider death in the things we do the actions we take. It shouldn't make you scared to do anything it should make you confident in the things you want to do, in the decisions you make every day. Think just a little before you do something. Ask yourself what if I die doing this? And if the answer is I'll die for that. Then do it. It's an individual thing. I can’t give you the answer. I think we can all make this world better if we exercise that question a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment