Saturday, April 30, 2011

Personally that ain't your personality

Army times 3 years, no combat time, no deployments, field time estimated at about 4 months...
I would say I haven't learned much from being in the army but that would be a lie. The truth is even though I knew a lot of good; I was exposed to more bad then good in the army. I have a good track record of about three years doing anything, jobs are especially on the tip top of the list. I seem to get to a point where I'm comfortable and my daily routine becomes rather easy. Something in my head snaps and I have to figure out the best way out. I'm pretty much at that point in my life right now. I'm tired of the military and pretty much all it has to offer. It might be a good thing for you and yours, so I won't knock it. But I can confidently say that the unit I'm in is not for me. Something in me was telling me to express that. This blog is not about army life. This blog is about you and your personality. Personally how well do you know your personality? Can you think about a situation and put yourself in it and know exactly how your gonna act? Do you know yourself well enough to take yourself there in your mind? The mind is a powerful thing. Scientist measured brain waves while people were sleep and the activities that they were doing in their dreams when mimic-ed the same activities while awake the brain waves reacted the exact same way. This should let you know that it is possible to put yourself in a different positions and situations. Or literally walk in someone else's shoes. How well are you connected to your brain and your imagination? I brought up the army because it takes you out of the ordinary environment and places you in what they call controlled (chaos). Which just mean we know what's going on, you just don't. When you enter this environment ( I.e. laser tag, video games in general) "you", (everything that is your personally) is there at the beginning but when you see the environment change you realize that you must adapt to survive. Because survive is the #1 law of nature. Priority #1 if you’re dead, fuck everything else.(as if you had a choice) I've seen the biggest badest people in a natural setting get in the field and become very different people. Almost contradictive. Which brings me to the question, how do you react to stress? Do you know how your gonna act when those bullets get to jumping at you? Think about it. Try and put your mind there. I've been shot at I know what i'll do. This question is for you. I've seen big bad wolves blow down lil piggy’s house down and get popped by the weasel. It really bugs me is when people change to an extreme to their environment. My eyes are brown they will be brown in any situation. My personality is Shaun Lamar, I’ll pretty much be that in any situation. I might change my tone depending on what the situation is but the environment has nothing to do with my personality. Or does it? What if I'm wrong? what if the environment really does directly affect your personality maybe I'm wrong? I'm going to do some research on the environments and the direct affect it has on the human personality or and behavior for that matter. I'll get back to you on that note...

No comments:

Post a Comment