Sunday, May 1, 2011

Raised Like My Daddy

I never had a father figure. All I've had were father figures. The older men around me taught me about life and a way to handle it. Where they failed or didn't tell me about I emphasized. From a young age of like 6 I know it all and any more information or your two cents would be an improvement of my greatness or just as I stated before, your 2 cents. Now I'm not professing this to be the correct way of going about life. I'm just explaining that this is the way I went about my life. I learned how to handle stress, anger, love, happiness, envy, people, jobs etc. If you name it I've been in a conversation about it and have had advice on how to handle it. Weather I listened or not the subject was addressed. One theme that I can honestly say that I've been in conversation with every father figure/mentor or just a random nigga is... females. Yes how do you handle a women, and all that she is. I've heard and heard different scenarios and ways and ways to handle women, ladies, girls, (I just don't know what they want to be called any more. Seems like every term is offensive besides their name. And even that may be a problem sometime.) I've gotten very bad advice and very good advice. Either way I handled every situation like did. At the end of the day it’s my decision. I'm not saying I've handled every situation the right way nor am I saying I've made the absolute best decisions. Because the truth is I haven't. I'm far from perfect. I can say that in any decision I've made I handled it with my best ability and information that I had at that time.

I realize that one day soon weather I'd like to or not someone will look to me for advice. Whether it be my own future son or just some young men looking for another insight on a situation that he's in. So I have to think and consider all the advice that I've been given and judge whether or not I'm going to pass it on. For the most part when it comes to advice I like to give more than one way to handle it and let you choose which one will let you achieve the outcome that you want. At the end of the day it’s always your decision. As grownups and advice givers we have a responsibility in molding and role modeling the people we advise. I know as far as my future son. I won't teach him the ways I've chosen to handle women. Nice guys finish last. Very last, end of the story. Handle a women how she wants to be handled. If she doesn't have respect for herself then fuck her. Do whatever it is that men do to women who don't respect themselves. Someone's father or mother have failed their child and who are you to teach them what they should know. Leave them to guys like me who wasn't raised to handle people like they want to be handled. I was raised to treat a woman with respect no matter the circumstance. Awww ain't that cute... but it’s wrong. These women will eat you up and spit you out. A good woman can appreciate a good man but she doesn't want a good man. It's all talk. Now this blog is about women true enough but I don't want to make the mistake of having you believe that I am bunching every women in the same category nor do I want to act like men are just perfect and extremely innocent because we all know that to be false. So bare with me while I continue to explain my reasoning on why my son will not be raised to be like his daddy.

Out of 100% there's a good 10% of women that are “it” aka wifey material. What you see is what you get. That other 90% got that 10% fucked up. If I meet 91 women and 90 of them ain't shit, it’s gonna be real hard to even give that 1 a chance. The problem is on both sides of the fence and I will be teaching my son about the 10% but I'm gonna prepare him to deal with the 90%. I was unfortunate to not be told how to handle the 90%. I was raised to handle the 10%. So you can only imagine the surprise when I found out that a 90% even exist and that the last 10 that I've dealt with were 90%ers. Where is my 10%? Well I’ll tell you where she ain’t… Here with me. It's okay I am who I am and I will continue to handle every situation how I handle them but if I can save my son or someone else's child from experiencing the heartache and frustration that I've had to endure then I'm all for it. HI MY NAME IS SHAUN LAMAR I'M A 10%ER. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment