Thursday, May 5, 2011

You Did it One Time, You'll Do the Shit Again

One time I got violently thrown on the hood of a squad car after having my door snatched open and myself being yanked out of my truck without me being told what was going on. Another time I've had hand cuffs on my wrist so tight that I couldn't feel my fingers and had what felt like nerve damage for weeks. Another time I was told very aggressively to take my black ass in the house after being searched for walking in my apartment complex. The only weapon I had on me was a book about motivating myself to lose weight. Needless to say, I lost my motivation. I live in Montgomery Alabama. On the city seal it states in the middle of a 6 point star "The Cradle of the Confederacy” and around that is the statement” The Birth Place of the Civil Rights Movement". We are and have been well known for our police. Remember all those picture and videos of peaceful protesters getting dogs sicked on them, as well as being sprayed by fire hoses. Not to mention being beat by fist and police batons. Have you ever been beating by a baton? It's not a pillow, I'm just saying. I've always said that I don't like the police. I'm not a huge fan of authority in general. Gods among men. Run red lights, speed, harass, steal, illegally search, beat, murder, kidnap, threaten, invincible. If you can’t do it they can. It's been proven in the United States courts over and over again. Even if it’s caught on tape and the police admit to doing it they will be acquitted.

A couple of days ago a tornado ripe through the Birmingham Alabama area and the National Guard was called to assist the police in maintaining order. My unit has been working the night shift. I have always been wary of the police because of the paragraph before. I didn't even mention the harassment that my friends have had to endure because of wrongful identity or just pure harassment/hatred. Did I forget to mention racial profiling? Yeah that's a big one too. I have no love for cops. If I have something that needs to be handled I’ll handle it myself before I call the police. I have the same love for correctional officers and probation/parole officers. Their all the same to me. Crooked! Whenever I meet someone's husband or best friend or whoever is close to you and their profession is police, I already know your type. The type that believes in their job and that they are necessary to maintain order and justice in America. one day I’ll write a blog expressing how I justify being the national guard and having the views I have of the government and other government related items). We (The National Guard) were put in a position where we were going to have to endure the presents of police officers for about twelve hours. Daily or nightly. Last night I realized how much I really don't trust the police. I mean, I knew didn't like them. But trusting and liking someone is two different things.

Kilo Ali had a song called "white horse", where he took a statement usually reserved for cocaine, "don't ride the white horse", and turned it in to a statement about not trusting white people. In the song he begins with this statement "I'm a black man living in a white man's world/ I gotta watch my back he might rape my girl/ cause he did it one time he'll do the shit again". For some reason this has stuck with me since I've heard it. So last night when we started work instead of there being 3 of us. There was only 2. My best friend (who is a female) and me. Instead of there being 2 police officers there were 4 or 5 and none of these police officers were the police officers from the nights before. The only thing we were supposes to do was check peoples I.d. the whole night. I usually sleep and let the other people do it. But I was with my best friend and I was gonna do the work. So in the middle of the night which was actually about 3 or 4 I had to use the bathroom and as I walked to the porta potty I realized that I was leaving my best friend in the car by herself with at least 5 cops in closer distance. This is the point I realized that I don't trust police even a little bit. With us being in the army we were issued M16s. That night they had given us 10 rounds of ammunition a piece. I grabbed my magazine and put it in my pocket and was thinking to myself ill put 10 bullets in 5 police if they fuck with my sister. That shit came out of nowhere. But I was so serious. I didn't sleep the whole night that night. I just felt like I had to protect my friend. I just kept thinking about our ancestors that had to live with all the ridiculous laws and police and things that used to happen to them. If you’re a police officer (Black or white) and your reading this I want you to know that with all you do we are not afraid of you. We are not scared of you or your jails. We do not fear your lawyers or judges. This is our life and we don't need you to pretend to protect us while you rape our spirits with your supposedly random routine traffic stops. You bleed our cities dry with the bull shit laws you stand to protect. Freedom or death. Death is an option. I will not sacrifice my freedom for your protection. This is not a call to arms this is just how I feel about police and the situation I was in last night. I know some feel the same way I do. I'm still realizing stuff about me that I need to work on but the subject of police seems like an everlasting feeling. When they change and show me something different then I will change my views of the reality I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment